Next Training Session Starts Jan. 7th, 2019
HELLO FUTURE PROFESSIONAL 3D ANIMATION OR VISUAL EFFECTS ARTIST.
THE FIRST STEP TO ADMISSION IS TO FILL OUT AN APPLICATION FORM. There’s no obligation and it’s free to apply.
Below are CG Masters’ Admission Requirements:
1. Applicant must have high school graduation or equivalent (provide copy of transcript) or be 19 years of age (provide copy of government issued identification i.e. passport, driver’s license, birth certificate; Additionally, if the applicant is under 19 years of age, we will require written consent from parent or legal guardian.
2. Applicants whose first language is not English must demonstrate English proficiency by one of the following options: an in-person or telephone/Skype based interview with the Senior Educational Administrator English OR a proficiency score on one of the following tests: TOEFL (Paper Based Test) 520 minimum, TOEFL (Internet Based Test) 68 minimum or IELTS 5.5.
3. Applicant must provide an art or technical portfolio of recent, original work containing any creative sample of:
- -photography, drawing, painting or any other visual art
- -computer generated imagery
- -scripting and/or coding
- -software tools development
- -other aesthetic or technical proficiency with computer information technology or traditional media.
4. Applicant must have a successful interview with Senior Educational Administrator.
5. International Students Applicants must meet the guidelines established for international students studying in Canada by Citizenship and Immigration Canada, including, but not limited to, the ability to fund education and living expenses.
YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE EVALUATED IN THE ORDER IN WHICH IT IS RECEIVED. CLASS SIZES ARE LIMITED. IF YOU WISH TO BEGIN STUDY ON A SPECIFIC START DATE (SEPT, JAN, MAY) PLEASE APPLY EARLY TO ENSURE THERE IS SPACE FOR YOU.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING ITEMS IN YOUR APPLICATION:
1. A completed online CG Masters
APPLICATION FORM ( APPLY NOW ).
Please specify for which start date you are applying.
2. Proof that you are over 19 years of age OR you have your parent/guardian’s permission
If you are about to graduate from high school or a post secondary program, please submit a copy of a
RECENT TRANSCRIPT OR REPORT CARD
If you have already graduated: please submit
PROOF OF GRADUATION
(transcript, report card or copy of diploma).
3. A copy of your
GOVERNMENT-ISSUED PHOTO ID.
(a valid passport from your country of citizenship is required for International students).
4. TRANSCRIPTS from any OTHER
secondary or post-secondary institutions attended in the last five (5) years.
5. A VISUAL ART OR TECHNICAL PORTFOLIO* of your work that includes drawings, paintings, photography, photos of your sculpture (if any) and any relevant computer generated media such as paintings, or 3D work or any other media that demonstrates your creativity and/or technical ability or some other creative sample of work. 5 to 10 different pieces covering the breadth of your work will be sufficient.
*We will accept an internet portfolio including a website OR blog link OR images attached to an email as .jpg files. There is a place to fill in your link on the application form. You may mail other items, or email to email@example.com attn: application package materials. Please do not send us originals as your work will become a part of your permanent record and WILL NOT BE RETURNED.
We look forward to helping you!